Growth

Memories bubble to the surface
Like crystal orbs in a mountain stream
Some of them make me filled with joy,
And some of them make me want to scream.
Joy is mixed with the sorrow,
Laughter mixes with the tears
Trials blend with the good times
Faith overshadows the fears.
Though things are difficult,
And when I think I can't go on
The Lord sends someone to help me
To my feet and helps me to be strong.
I'll let the memories bubble up,
I'll let them flash in my mind.
And I realize as each experience has passed
I left a small piece of myself behind.
Left were little insecurities,
Big stumbling cares,
Heavy weight of indecision,
Small trivial snares.
A path stretches out before me
Promising joy and pain
And my focus has shifted
From what I lost to what I'll gain.
This path stretching before my feet
Promises strength for me
To leave behind the person I was
And become who I am destined to be.

Copyright © Catherine Oversby, 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorrow

Untitled