Untitled

A smile that can light up a room,
A laugh that makes fears flee,
A kind word that will touch someone's heart.
This is what you mean to me.

You have provided so much joy
When I feel like I want to fall.
When my walls feel like they are tumbling,
You help me see past it all.

You quietly reach out your hand
And help me to my feet
While there are others all around
Telling me to admit defeat.

The kindness you bestow,
The joy that you freely share
The example that you provide
Makes me glad you are there.

The friendship you have provided
I am grateful with all my soul.
You have blessed me to see
The way out of my hole.

Thank you for being yourself
And helping me to grow
You are one of the most
Beautiful people I will ever know.

Copyright © Catherine Oversby, 2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sorrow

My Sister